COVID-19 Preparedness for Kinnelon Eyecare
Kinnelon Eyecare is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our patients and staff. To ensure that, we have developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in accordance to CDC guidelines.
1. Schedule will be modified to allow fewer patient interactions and sanitizing between each encounter.
2. Accommodations will be made for the elderly and compromised patients.
3. Forms will be filled out online or over the phone to minimize time spent in the office.
4. Patients will be screened for COVID-19 over the phone prior to appointment.
5. Practice doors will remain closed to control social distancing and patients should call from their car to announce their arrival.
6. Temperature check will be performed for all patients upon entering the office.
7. All visitors will be required to enter the office wearing a facemask.
8. All visitors to the office will be required to use provided hand sanitizer immediately upon entering.
- Daily screening for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 including temperature checks twice daily.
- Staying at home when sick or in quarantine.
- Wearing appropriate PPE.
- Hand washing prevention measures are being implemented at our office at all times. Workers are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- Repeated disinfection of common areas and equipment. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted in high-touch areas, such as phones, keyboards, touch screens, controls, door handles, copy machines, credit card readers, etc.
- Disinfection of eyeglass frames after each patient.
- Social distancing is being implemented in the workplace through the following engineering and administrative controls: use of telemedicine, flexible work hours,